Finally decided on and purchased my new DSLR- Sony a200

Well, after a little over a month of owning my a200, and purchasing a few new lenses, I can say that I am totally satisfied with my purchase. I was looking for a beginner DSLR, and the a200 fits the bill well.

So what lens did you end up going with? I'm looking for a telephoto lens with a bit of zoom and was considering the minolta 100mm-300mm. What did you go with? It's obvious that you like the outcome.

mmm... good luck with that.. I don't know how it will perform. It may be a great camera, but I do know about the Sony company... it sucks.. Iv'e spoken with Sony's support concerning different products and have never gotten anywhere with them. Sony does not stand behind their products and do not want to have anything to do with the consumer, or at leasts that is the way I have been treated by them. For that, I will pretty much never ever buy Sony anything.

So what lens did you end up going with? I'm looking for a telephoto lens with a bit of zoom and was considering the minolta 100mm-300mm. What did you go with?

I have all of my lenses so far posted in my signature line. I purchased a Minolta Maxxum 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF off of eBay. I really like this lens so far, but I have only taken around 6-8 pics so far with it.

I have all of my lenses so far posted in my signature line. I purchased a Minolta Maxxum 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 AF off of eBay. I really like this lens so far, but I have only taken around 6-8 pics so far with it.

I'm glad to hear you are satisfied with it so far. I've been trying to get that lens all week. I've also tried ebay and have been outbid at the last moment 3x's...it's starting to tick me off :grumpy: but I'll keep searching. I refuse to pay over $100 for it. :lol:

The same thing happened to me as well. I would be outbid with like 3-4 seconds left. I just used buy it now and got it for $135 shipped. It is a really nice lens.

The same thing happened to me as well. I would be outbid with like 3-4 seconds left. I just used buy it now and got it for $135 shipped. It is a really nice lens.

I haven't been home when the bidding ended...so I've been sniping the bids at 10 seconds. However, their bids were higher than my snipe bid. :grumpy: I'll probably have to do the buy it now and just get it over with. There's been buy it nows from any where from $86 to $99. (There's a few around $130+)

Let me know when you've used yours more. I'd really like to know if you continue to think it was a wise choice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back