LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finished restoring my violin today... 5 or 6 long weeks of work... hahaha

It's worth it though! looks and sounds great!
Here are some pics of it.

07165941.jpg

07170232.jpg

07170437.jpg

07170313.jpg

07170123.jpg

07170033.jpg

07170003.jpg

And an artistic one just for the heck of it :wink:

07134321.jpg

Hope you like them! It took a while to finish restoring it.... but It sounds great so it's well worth it!
Here are more pictures of it in the process of restoration(I didn't take many pictures of it while I was restoring it) PICTURES

I think it is so great that you play the violin. (That's the music teacher in me coming out!) But restoring your violin? Extra cool. The artistic shot is really great.

Aoide said:
I think it is so great that you play the violin. (That's the music teacher in me coming out!) But restoring your violin? Extra cool. The artistic shot is really great.
Thanks!
LaFoto has been wanting to see pictures of the violin. Hopefully she will see this thread. haha :)

LittleMan said:
LaFoto has been wanting to see pictures of the violin. Hopefully she will see this thread. haha :)

She does! She does! Early the next morning, even "LaFoto" gets to see your wonderful new instrument which has turned out impressingly beautiful. All is beautiful about it, the four layers of varnish AND the photos you took - NOT only the artistic one. Congratulations! This is a super job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :hail:

Now that I've seen the condition it was in when you first got it, I must say once again: super job done to it. Admirable! (This applies to both, the photos you took of it in the various stages of restoring it, and the actual violin restoration work!).

Good job Little man, there is something soothing about working with wood. Bet you will enjoy playing it so much more after the work you put into it.

Cruzin said:
Good job Little man, there is something soothing about working with wood. Bet you will enjoy playing it so much more after the work you put into it.
Thanks everyone!
And yes, you are correct... I am enjoying playing it. There is so much more to it than just "one I bought" because I know it inside and out.
btw The more I play it the better it sounds now.... the wood was so old when I first played it, it had a crackly sound to it because the wood had not vibrated in such a long time.... but now it's nice and loose and sounds great!

Thanks again everyone! :D

Most reactions

Back