Finally - First Shot from Sept. 2009 Wedding

astrostu

I shoot for the stars
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Several moons ago, I posted a thread about my first wedding as single, solitary, primary shooter and how frustrating it was with the style and length of the wedding and day. While I've processed all of the photos and I sent off proofs in November, the couple still haven't placed their order so I haven't really "finished" any of them.

And to be honest, I really don't like how a lot of them turned out (mostly due to (1) trying to crawl over other people who were photographing, and (2) due to 4 different colors of yellow lights). That's why I haven't posted any photos from it yet.

But, a friend of mine from college was a groomsmaid (long story) and her mother just placed an order. Here's probably my favorite photograph from the wedding - and the mother thinks that it's the best photograph ever taken of her daughter. It was taken before the ceremony after she had gotten ready.

Carnevale_Final_069_sRGB_5x7.jpg

I assume your posting this in the professional gallery because you got paid for the shoot, but from the one pic posted I couldn't even tell it was taken at a wedding. Please post more so we can give a more accurate critique of your wedding, if that was your intent for posting that picture. You claim to have problem with yellow lights and people getting in your way, we can't help you with your yellow light situation unless we see what your dealing with...it might be something as simple as WB and or using gels with your speedlights. I have had experience with weddings where it seems like everyone has a DSLR and wants to shoot over my shoulder, but hey comes with the job i guess. In all honesty if that is the best picture you got of the wedding, I wouldn't expect to hear back from the bride and groom....seeing as it has been 6 months.

Eh, I'm not actually sure why I was posting. Maybe because everyone posts their wedding photos and I thought that some people may remember me talking but never saw any and so wanted to.

I actually have heard from the B&G ... the bride wanted all 500 photos processed and finalized and printed to her in the course of 2 weeks for a trip to India. I told her that wasn't happening. I heard again a few weeks ago that she would get her order in "soon." I knew her for four years of college .... this is normal for her.

Here are some of the others that I think came out half-way decent, but haven't been completely finished as I'm still waiting on the B&G orders. Note that these were selected from the Mother of the Bride's favorites when I did a rush order for her, and there are still a few of mine that aren't included below:

1 - Grandmother of Bride
Carnevalle_Final_052_v.jpg

2 - Bride getting ready
Carnevalle_Final_081_v.jpg

3 - Bride getting ready
Carnevalle_Final_087.jpg

4 - Bride Circling the Groom
Carnevalle_Final_147.jpg

5 - Part of the 2-hour Ceremony in the Mandap
Carnevalle_Final_172.jpg

6 - Mother of the Groom
Carnevalle_Final_180.jpg

7 - Hands
Carnevalle_Final_186.jpg

8 - Hands
Carnevalle_Final_214_v.jpg

9 - Bride
Carnevalle_Final_216.jpg

10 - Bride and Groom
Carnevalle_Final_250_v.jpg

11 - Bride and Groom
Carnevalle_Final_264.jpg

12 - Groom and Bride with Bridesmaids
Carnevalle_Final_279.jpg

13 - Guestbook and Rings
Carnevalle_Final_339.jpg

14 - Dance at Reception
Carnevalle_Final_400.jpg

My favorite is 9! Beautiful color, very pretty :). The rest for me are ok.

I like number 9 as well.

I agree with Buzz. Shoot RAW and white balance. Your white balance actually looks ok in these.

What I'm not digging is all the background clutter. It's super easy to patch out. It would take only a few seconds. For instance that last shot. Look at all the signs and stuff. Patch. Gone.

Another thing I would suggest is cropping. Crop those suckers. :)

As for guests getting in the way, unfortunately now every guest has a rebel or above. And they all think they are the wedding photog. This is where you have to put your foot down.

I gently move then out of the way. If they keep popping in front of me, I turn my flash backwards, step in front of them and take about 10 shots, totally blinding them. :) This also works with videographers.

If all else fails, I will tell them that the bride is paying for MY photos and then need to get out of my way.

Most reactions

Back