Finally found, IMO, the perfect case/bag...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by rob1116, May 31, 2005.

1. rob1116

rob1116 TPF Noob!

After a ridiculous few months of reading, searching, driving, buying, returning, and cursing, a surprisingly helpful local chain camera shop employee showed me what I have concluded to be the perfect transportation/containment method for my gear!

http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Hard_and_Soft_Shell/classic/Omni_Pro_and_Pro_Extreme.aspx

I bought the Lowepro Omni Pro soft case, which is designed to fit perfectly inside a Pelican 1520 hard case.

The standard Pelican is great, but I need something I can carry around comfortably; but soft cases don't offer the durability and security I want. This combo easily holds my D70, 18-70mm kit lens, Tamron 70-300, Tamron 180mm f/3.5 Di Macro, SB-800 flash, and all my filters/accessories no problem. I can whip it in my car without worry, then instantly pop the attache style soft bag out and carry it around!

It even has a fanstastically designed top-entry zipper, which allows you to open and extract the camera while carry the bag on your shoulder... like a holster case.

This is not an official plug for anyone... just a review. I couldn't be happier with this setup!

2. minew_m

minew_m TPF Noob!

I know how hard it is searching for a camera bag/case. It took me about a month of searching to find the perfect one. I ended up getting an aluminum type briefcase on ebay that you can shape the inside padding to your needs. It works great for me.