Finally found the sun!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Meysha, May 6, 2005.

1. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So I'm still not used to this European weather changing so fast thing yet. Today was pretty crap weather but I went out with my camera anyway trying to find something interesting. And well the sun came out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The mother was showing the kid the sun here and I thought it was so cute. (hmm thinking I should've added more contrast ah well)

Here's our main city square in Toulouse. This is hand stitched together with loving care... still a bit wonky though.
    [​IMG]

2. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

Noooooooooo. That sun thingy is going to crush the mother and child! :(

All very cool, Vicky. I do like the first one especially.

3. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

That first shot is fantastic. It looks so surreal... like the sculpture is gonna crawl through my computer screen a la the Ring. The colors are amazingly vibrant for such a crappy day. Kudos. :D

4. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It wasn't actually that dud a day. These awful clouds were only on half of the sky, most of the time. And it was actually really bright and sunny the rest of the time. I only slightly changed the colours in the first one. The second one is unchanged, except for a little contrast only on the sky.
    Thanks for the comments. I'm really pleased with how the first one turned out.

Oh and Ferny, I did actually catch a little exchange between the sun and mother and child....
    [​IMG]

5. Canoncan

Canoncan TPF Noob!

I too like the first one. I do however love the square, Lucky you to be there. Love the architecture.

6. Meysha

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks. If you pop over to the Themes section and the 2nd Weekly Assignment thread "Blur" you'll see what it looks like at night.
    It is a gorgeous city, but everything is PINK! All the buildings are made out of this icky pink brick, that is nice at first but it gets very boring after a while. That's why I like the city at night so much more.

Edit: I hope I didn't offend europeans with the 'sun' comment I made in the cartoon version of my pic. I'm just tired of winter and everynow and then we get a glimpse at summer and then the weather turns horrible again. I really do love it here.