1. (you can dismiss this notice by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner)

As part of our new initiative on TPF you can come and take part in a series of new in-depth articles and discussions every month. Featured this month are the methods that one of our top avian photographers, Kristofer Rowe uses to get his stunning photos (as also featured on Tamron USA website as well!). So drop in and take part, I know that Kristofer will be happy to answer your questions and hear what you do out in the field with your camera!

Capturing Distinctive Bird Images

Finally gave B&W a try

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by kreuzberg, Jul 24, 2009.

1. kreuzberg

kreuzberg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've only shot colour film so far but I've finally got round to buying some B&W film. Here a few off my first film:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they turned out quite well but what do you guys think? All C&C welcome :)

2. Des H

Des H TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Im not in a position to give critique as im only getting into b&w myself. But I must say that I enjoyed looking at your shots especially the first one well done keep it up ;)

3. HeY iTs ScOTtY

HeY iTs ScOTtY TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like'em. id rather not see the corners dark though. looks like an effect from using a b&w filter. is that what you used?

4. kreuzberg

kreuzberg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah I stacked a orange filter and a polariser because I thought a little vignetting would look quite good with the graveyard scene. I took some others of a castle without stacking you might like better, I might post some over the weekend when I get them uploaded.

5. Mandra

Mandra TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the vignette works on #1, 3, 5, 6. 3 is my favorite - I really like the way the marble pops on those markers. Some of the others feel a little soft for my taste, but I think the series works well together. Now I'm going to try an orange filter next time I shoot..

Thanks for posting them!

6. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I too am not in the "Place" to give B&W critique but I like them.