Finally!!!! Got me a flash!

bdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just finished with a freelance design job today and I'm using the money to buy a flash for my D90 and I just picked up an SB-800 Speedlite! No point in this post, just thought I'd share. I've never had this kind of flash before so I'm expecting big things!

Totally understand the "WOOT! I GOT XXXX!" threads. :)

Congrats. The SB-800 is a real monster.

Of course, now, welcome to the pandora's box of flash photography. :lol:

You are going to love your SB-800 - I have two of them and they are real workhorses. Take the time to practice with it, especially in the wireless modes. This is a very capable and versatile flash unit.

Nigel

Now all you need is flash stand and to figure out how to fire it off camera ;)

The SB800 is a fantastic professional quality Nikon flash! Congrats!

Lately, I've been finding the SB400 easier for me because it's light and fits in my pocket. Fits great on my D40 and works perfectly for family/vacation shots.

Enjoy your new flash.

^^^ eek. We've been invaded.

It's actually kind of amazing no one ever thought to take that name prior to now.

^^^ eek. We've been invaded.

It's actually kind of amazing no one ever thought to take that name prior to now.
I thought the same thing. I am however intrigued to see if someone will do an IP check and see if it really is him... An admin needs to do this...

There's noooooooooooooooooo way it's him. :)

Congrats on the new flash; I recently picked up the 600 and finding it much more complex (that's a good thing) than I ever expected.

eek. We've been invaded.

From his personal profile:

Ken Rockwell has not made any friends yet.

I dunno...it just looked funny. :mrgreen:

Jon

I'm just wondering what any of these posts from start to now... have to do with Beyond the basics?

Maybe KR will make things right... lol

Congrats on the new purchase! You could have saved a lot of dough with an SB600 since you already have the D90 though. There's barely any difference between the 2 flashes.

Most reactions

Back