Finally got my 5D Mark II

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:D:D:D:D Man I'm like a little kid in a Candy store. I was trying to decide if it was going to be the 7D or the 5D for the longest however decided to go FF for both the main and the back-up so I went with the 5D. I can't waite to push this baby to the limit. Funny thing though since I got it about 6 hours ago, I haven't messed around with anything else but the video function...who cares about photography :lol:

Having done a decent amount of video work myself, I would love to have video function in the next body I get. If only to be able to shoot with my specialty lenses. It's really stuff that you cant get out of a little handicam.

haha congrats on the "toy".

And go out and take some pictures! :lol:

Congrats! You could have talked to me and I would have sold you mine on the cheap. I'm going to Nikon.

Congrats !!

Thanks a bunch!

Having done a decent amount of video work myself, I would love to have video function in the next body I get. If only to be able to shoot with my specialty lenses. It's really stuff that you cant get out of a little handicam.

Oh man it's great..Now I just need Final Cut PP software now so I can edit the videos I take of the kids :D

haha congrats on the "toy".

And go out and take some pictures! :lol:

:lol: Maybe I should switch fields..

Congrats! That is one bad a$$ camera!

I second that! I was thinkinig of adding this video feature on our products for our bride and grooms where I can have both video highlights and stills on video/slideshow that we give them. We'll see how that pans out :D

Congrats! You could have talked to me and I would have sold you mine on the cheap. I'm going to Nikon.

Givin up on Canon ? If you are let me know b/c I need a second 70-200L 2.8 IS :D . My partner and I have been fighting over our 1 copy all the time for the ceremonies.

Lies.

Yeah Intempus...we'll believe it when we see it ;)

Ok just took a test shot with the new toy and gave it a wurl at one of the harshest conditions you can do with a camera..shoot against the high sun. Not the greatest...just a little test shot to see what I got under my belt. I'm going to do some tests later with natural light during the golden hour

4134032451_aacd75dca2_o.jpg

4134794414_029c45516b_o.jpg

Last edited:
congrats man!!! You're a disgrace to the professional though, playing with the video function for the first six hours lol.

congrats man!!! You're a disgrace to the professional though, playing with the video function for the first six hours lol.

:lol: photography...what's that ?

Ok so I started with the highest ISO the Mk II has and obviously that shot turned out like junk. I stepped it down until I got too about ISO 5000 and I think that's were my preferred tolerance is in this particular lighting condition. What sucks is that I really couldn't see noise in the LCD of the camera even with zooming and didn't find out until I viewed it in the computer(I need more practice with this camera in knowing the ISO tolerances in different lighting conditions in order to be informed without needing to view it in a computer). I converted to BW with a bit a boost of contrast to emphasize the noise and this is how it turned out(the noise was way less in colour).

...this is without any noise reduction performed.

4134122523_704b5265da_o.jpg

I am comfortable pushing mine to ISO 6400. Here's a test shot.

660508569_kUUbS-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back