Finally got my website together...

ok here's my 2 cents. Loose the music, the way you have your pics loading on the screen "opening and closing" is very anoying. The pics need to be BIGGER. Layout needs some work. I gave up looking after a couple of mins because the way its laid out. Very nice pics btw.

music is always a 2 sided sword .... music starting suddenly when you open a webpage can annoy people ;) .. you never know at what level their speakers are set ;) .. and they might be in the office ;)

anyway, i like the basic design.. simple. easy. and also how the background picks up one of the image's colour is nice.

i think the site is very well done overall. it should serve your purposes nicely.

personally, i'm not a big fan of music on web sites - i'm in corporate IT, so that is probably a big part of my opinion. but i'm not your customer.

one thing on the slideshow... the changing background colors are a little distracting. it almost feels like i should be going to another area of the site every time the color changes. i wonder if the slideshow might be better served with a consistent background color?

one last nit-pick... the <TITLE> tag in your page is advertising your hosting provider. i would have to change that if it were me.

again, i think the site is very nice and will work well for your purposes. nice work.

Thanks for the critiques, I think the hosting co. is showing in the title right now because it is in the process of going live, but I will look into that! Unfortunately, I can't change the size of the photos (template max size), nor the way the photos open and close (I can change the speed of the opening and closing, that's it)...Maverick - what do you mean by layout, please elaborate...
as for the music, I have the option to turn it off and let the viewer decide whether to turn it on...I myself quite like music on sites but from reading posts I see it is not very popular! And I might try the background of the slide show in one color...thanks again!

If the music works with your customers then leave it. Good article about this type of thing in this months Rangefinder.

I love the music and the layout... and of course the photos! I almost bought that blu template. VERY NICE and professional.

Thank you guys, Mike - can you send me the rangefinder link, please :eek:)
VisualP- yeah I really like it, I was going to get Betty, but a few from this area have that one, So, I got Juliet with their sale!
P

Most reactions

Back