Finally! I'm back

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used to go on here awhile ago to get advice of what camera to get... I ended up getting one but due to some problems, I had to get rid of it just like that. Now, months later I finally got another one. I got the Nikon D80 with the 18-55 kit lens. I've been taking pictures all week and I've been practicing with some family members' SLRs. Feels good to be back. Now, I'm back to get some advice. Obviously I'm not a pro or anything, but I want to make it into a nice hobby, thats why I got the d80 over the d40. I have the 50mmf/1.8 for nice little portrait shots and I wanted to get the SB600 flash. My question is, what other lenses should I look into? I'm really into car photography and also nature. However, I do live in a city and I want to get into city photography as well. Any advice?

I used to go on here awhile ago to get advice of what camera to get... I ended up getting one but due to some problems, I had to get rid of it just like that. Now, months later I finally got another one. I got the Nikon D80 with the 18-55 kit lens. I've been taking pictures all week and I've been practicing with some family members' SLRs. Feels good to be back. Now, I'm back to get some advice. Obviously I'm not a pro or anything, but I want to make it into a nice hobby, thats why I got the d80 over the d40. I have the 50mmf/1.8 for nice little portrait shots and I wanted to get the SB600 flash. My question is, what other lenses should I look into? I'm really into car photography and also nature. However, I do live in a city and I want to get into city photography as well. Any advice?

My suggestion is a polarizer for the car shots. Absolute top quality - Hoya Pro-1 series. Take your time thinking about other lenses. I just spent a bundle on the 18-200 lens with the Pro-1 polarizer but I've been into photography since before most of the forum members have been on this earth! Wait until you're comfortable with your lens choice rather than depend on strangers on a forum. In the meantime, experiment with the 50 mm wide open for narrow depth of field.

When you buy the flash, get a Stroboframe bracket (be certain that it flips or rotates for portrait/landscape). It provides good modeling and it eliminates red-eye naturally.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will wait for the new lenses but I just wanted to get a feel for what lenses to look for in the future. As for the polarizer, what exactly does it do and how do you know what size to get?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back