finally moving up in the world...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by panzershreck, Sep 21, 2006.

1. panzershreck

panzershreck TPF Noob!

Jul 4, 2005
    from a 500mhz imac to a 2ghz Duo imac with a bigger screen, this is heaven really, since i've only had 500mhz for the past 6 years - virtually impossible to do anything on

plus i needed it to finish a video project and get paid so i can eat, but who cares about that man? i can finally play Warcraft 3 without waiting for the pixels to turn into something recognizable! (and oh yeah, can finally see if that *copy* of Final Cut Pro i got in Thailand was worth the hundreds of baht)

aaaaaaand i can finally see what i'm looking at, since my old imac's monitor was getting dimmer and dimmer, but anyways alright! :D
  2. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

Mar 25, 2005

be warned though, like me, you're going have to wait before you get the most out of your new Core Duo Mac, as most of the software out at the moment is not fully compatible with these new Intel processor macs. that includes PS and Final Cut Pro. They will run, but pretty slowly. It might be managable with 2gb of ram, which you have.

when all the Universal softwre starts coming out thought, thats when you will notice the big difference