Finally ordered the 70-200 F28 IS

guitarkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.roxystudios.net
well as i 2nd - guessed this massive purchase, i ordered it yesterday from B&H. i'm looking forward to it. cringing, as it's a lot of cash, but it should be worth it from all that i hear.

Steve

That is one EXPENSIVE lens...but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about it.

And if you don't like it...you can probably sell it for at least 90% of what you bought it for.

i really like it but not as much as i thought i would. granted, i didn't experiment with it too much. maybe i need a little more time with it. the IS feature is very sweet however but i don't think it justifies spending an extra $800 when most of my photos are pretty sharp with my 18-200 sigma. time will tell.

i think you'll notice the biggest difference in terms of CA, distortion, and vignetting, although the 70-200 should still be very very sharp

Big Mike said:
---I've ever heard anyone say anything bad about it. ---
it's a little heavy for full day of shooting hand held

guitarkid said:
---. the IS feature is very sweet however but i don't think it justifies spending an extra---
I agree with that, IS help with low shutter speeds and panning, I use mine for sports so I'm never using low shutter speeds, but it’s keep in panning but I not sure it help any. The non IS model is about $600us less

I got a bit confused by the F28 ;)

I think that is a great lens, you should realise when doing large scale prints with it.

Bit too short for me though, so I just decided against it last week.

Alex_B said:
you should realise when doing large scale prints with it.

I hope everyone realised I did not suggest using the lens for printing ;) .. that is best done with a printer ;)

i was really going to go with the 50-150 F2.8 by sigma but went with the canon. although heavy, i'm sure it will be great. i'm going to use it for a wedding for the first time on jan 1st.....yeah, new years day. i will never shoot on a holiday again but i wanted the client. it's only for 3 hours though, which is ok......

it is a bit heavy but no problem for me. i also bought a sigma 30mm prime F1.4 i LOVE this lens! it's razor sharp! i have a canon 50mm F1.8 which is great but a little too zoomed in for me. the 30mm is great. i will still use my 18-200 F4 sigma lens for things when i don't want to lug the 70-200 around.

happy new year,
steve

Most reactions

Back