Finally!

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been stalking these stinkin hummingbirds for about a week now and was finally quiet enough to catch it. The only thing is the tacky feeder with the tag on the bottom :lol: Now that I've figured out how to be sneaky I'll keep trying to get one w/o the feeder in it...

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

I once caught a hummingbird and kept it in a huge 6' cage made out of mesh.
At the time I didn't have a camera... I am kicking myself now everytime I think about it.... :x
I could have gotten such awesome shots.... hahaha

btw, I caught it... kinda... It was caught in a spider's web and I found it.. :lmao:

Good job Amanda! Those birds are so hard to catch!

That is no small feat getting a hummingbird! Good job. I just put up my first hummingbird feeder about a week ago. I had no idea that they were so protective and territorial. One was downright aggressive towards the other hummingbirds, he was chasing them off like he was saying "look here buddy this is MY feeding place now GO away!" Quite entertaining. I kept telling him to be nice and share or his feeding place was gonna be gone. I think he is finally getting it! : )

You guys are so lucky!

We don't get anything as exotic as hummingbirds over here :thumbdown:

In fact I can't think of anything that we have that could be classed as 'exotic' - lots of lovely creatures but nothing like a humming bird.

Cool shots. KInda like crow hunting eh? :lol:

Thanks all :)

Chiller, worse than crow hunting around here :lol: I think last night we had about 50 stinkin crows in the backyard, the hummingbirds are crazy fast....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back