Finally!

Is that really how to do it? or is there a proper way where I can just copy and paste the code? Id prefere the latter...

If you have 2 frame you can use 1 at the top or side for your index/menu and the 2nd for the main content.

In the index/menu you have a clickable link to the smugmug page & instruct it to open in the main frame, thus keeping everything on your site still and keeping the index/menu on the page too.

If you just create a link to smugmug from a single page the visitor would have to click "Back" to return to your site. That is if they realise and they don't get distracted by the new page & forget to return.

Take a look at my car club site www.cheshirecatcarclub.info . This is split into 2 frames. 1 at the top for the menus and the other below for the content. By keeping the frames the same colour with no borders the only way you can tell is by the split scroll bar on the right. The top menu frame always stays the same regardless of what is opened in the main frame.

But then it wont be in my layout? youll have my page then suddenly something different underneath...?

Just had a more carefull look at Smugmug.com

Not going to use a website that talks about hacking and hacks for selling my images, so im returning to my original idea...

you can use iframes, they are called "swimming frames" and the code is like that:
<iframe src="here you put an adress of the smugmug page" name="the name of the frame" width="for example 400px" height="500px"></iframe>

mentos_007 said:
you can use iframes, they are called "swimming frames" and the code is like that:
<iframe src="here you put an adress of the smugmug page" name="the name of the frame" width="for example 400px" height="500px"></iframe>

I used to hate it when people posted code.:confused:

But now it looks like normal English! :lol: :shock:

It may be worth pointing out that some secure payment pages will not open in frames for security reasons. I don't know if this would affect smugmug's pages, though.

I didn't think of it, Marctwo. Thanks for a good point, worth considering - definitely!

And Chris, yeah I used to hate it too, but forums are really helpful when you are writting a code... :D:D:D

Hehe ive decided to do it myself...dont like smugmug cause it also has pages about hacking and all that...

Most reactions

Back