Finch #2

O'Rork

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I very carefully auto/spot exposed this one. No PP (winters' coming, I'll learn it).

2662405596_076360eeeb_b.jpg

My stuff is here-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/26680690@N06/

Thanks for looking and please check out the camers settings on Flickr and CC please.

Pretty much the same deal here. You're centering everything. That's not terrible in and of itself but people say it's boring to look at centered photographs so I guess that's just how the people-brain works. :D

I actually think that centering the subject works very well for this particular picture. Maybe a closer crop is in order, as the beautiful bird and its cute pose seem a bit lost there. Also, watch for the overexposed metallic top.

Thanks Bifurcator and Invisible. I agree some PP is in order. I struggled through CaptureNX to come up with this...took me a half an hour...but, not next time! I read/I learn/I do.

2662931936_9525afc9fb_b.jpg

The second one looks much much better than the first. But the poor birdy is still lost in there. Not sure what to do to make him stand out more tho. Nice catch tho. :)

For a bird pic , this one is just not cutting it.
What you need to do is crop the shot so the bird is the main subject here and if the resolution is not there then the shot is not up to par.
This may seem harsh crititism but it is the way it is. You do what it takes to get the shot , either get closer or get a better exposure. What you show here is no better than a snaoshot! Try again!

Thanks dmitri & uplander. Al CC is welcome. Well this time I cropped it to the max and it's just not crystal clear enough. I shot it at 200mm, 1/200, f3.5, in raw. It's 13.5 mega pix at full size. The focal point was the birds' right eye. It has to be too far away (approx. 25ft), at a bird no more than 3 inches tall.....This crop shows only 3% of the whole recorded image. Quite a testament to the ability of the gear and what a rank amature can do with it.

2662313721_01e2897131_o.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for more observation and coment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back