finding a good portrait lens?

nikon 50mm f/1.4G.

It's not very expensive but it's an awesome lens on the APS sensors, and it handles amazing on the small nikon bodies.

thanks for the suggestion. Definitely looking into this lens and the 35mm 1.8 since they both focus on a D40. All this looking around has also made me wonder if I should just upgrade to a D5000 or D90 or something and not have to worry about the lenses doing the autofocus. The draw to the 35mm 1.8 is obviously the much cheaper price.

All this looking around has also made me wonder if I should just upgrade to a D5000 or D90 or something and not have to worry about the lenses doing the autofocus.

For production models, you need to get at least D90 to be able to use those non AF-S lenses. D5000 do not have the autofocus drive pin as well.

All this looking around has also made me wonder if I should just upgrade to a D5000 or D90 or something and not have to worry about the lenses doing the autofocus.

For production models, you need to get at least D90 to be able to use those non AF-S lenses. D5000 do not have the autofocus drive pin as well.

ohh so the D5000 is in the same boat as the D40. thanks for the heads up.

The D40 is a solid camera and i'd stick with it until you can get a D90 or its replacement.

Go for the two primes now though.

Most reactions

Back