Finding My Posts

Commonman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone out there have a suggestion for me regarding a quick and dirty way of finding my posts on the forum?

What I have been doing is the advanced search function, putting in my user name and searching for my posts. However, I find this to be a bit of a hassle.

Other forum just have a link that says something like, "My Posts"

Maybe I'm missing something?

Hold you mouse over the Search button and click on Advance Search. Then type in your screen name and click "Posts Started by" from the drop down menu to find posts that you started or click "All Posts by" to find all posts.

That will do it.

^didn't he just say that in his first post....?

to the original poster, i agree, it's driving me crazy. i've never been on a forum without a "view my posts" button or something along those lines.

Actually, here's an even easier way...just go to your own profile and click the link that says "find posts by commonman" or "find threads started by commonman."

You don't need to go into your profile for that - just click on your name in your post above and select the 3rd option down.

Corry, I'm a little slow. I guess I don't know what you mean by "go to your own profile." Do you mean go into user CP and "Edit Profile?" Or are you saying just click on the user name link within a thread?

^^^ The second one you mentioned. Click on your own username (either while in a thread, or if you see it in the list of threads as a starter or last poster) and scroll down to "find more posts by Commonman". One click and you're done

Okay, I get it. But does this not require that, after I first get on the forum, that I find one of my posts?

I realize I can simply subscribe to a thread and go immediately to one of my posts that way.

Okay, I get it. But does this not require that, after I first get on the forum, that I find one of my posts?

I realize I can simply subscribe to a thread and go immediately to one of my posts that way.

No, you can also just click your name in the list of currently online users at the bottom of the index page! :)

And Chris, you are right, and I did know that, I guess I'm just so used to needing the list of 'threads started' rather than just posts when I go to remove spam. (that way replies to the spam don't get left behind)

Thanks Cory. I will try your suggested methodology. And, thanks every one who has contributed to answering my question.

Corry, sorry for spelling your name wrong. I have a bad short term memory.

Commonman, if you save the link I posted in prev thread to your Favourites, just click on that shortcut will find all your posts ;)

Actually, if you set it up to automatically subscribe to every thread you post on, you can then just click on "User CP" at the top of the page and they're all listed there. If you end up with thousands of posts, you can just organize them in folders, or unsubscribe to any posts you don't want to follow anymore.

Most reactions

Back