fingerprint on my lens

a wee bit of alcohol and a microfibre cloth.

haaaugggghhhh on the glass and clear with a micro-fibre cloth.

just breath on it and clean it with a microfiber or with a lens tissue.

Just be sure to blow-off any dust or dirt before wiping with a clean microfiber clothe or lens tissue. A bulb blower or lens brush can help with real stubborn stuff. Than use some cleaning fluid, which is watered down alcohol, or just plain alcohol. I prefer lens tissue over microfiber, because unless you are careful to clean them often, they can retain dirt and grit within the fiber. The tissue is use-once-and-throw-away. Like $1.00 for a pack of 50.

No matter what you're going to do, use a brush first. I feel safer with a brush than with just a blower.

After brushing, if I'm in the field I'll use a lenspen and if I'm at home I use a lens cleaner and microfibre cloth.

I just use my shirt dry. Come on people, glass is more durable than you think. Microfiber is for car finishes, which are actually less durable than what most people think.

I just use my shirt dry. Come on people, glass is more durable than you think. Microfiber is for car finishes, which are actually less durable than what most people think.

A shirt?! Micro-fiber cloths lift dirt, dust, and skin oils from your lens plus they are lint free. The same can't be said for you shirt that is more than likely covered in oil and dirt. I good cloth runs you $5. Take care of your equipment and your equipment will take care of you!

yeah i smudged up my lens today by accident and i used lcd screen cleaner and a towel only cause i didnt have a microfiber cloth. i need one badly cause i don't want ot mess up my lens and i ahave these streaks on the lens not noticable in my pics but i know ther are there and i want to get rid of them.

aw man glad i found this out, tomorow morning im going on a search for microfibre cloth....i just got a canon 400d a few days ago for christmas and i noticed theres a fingerprint on my lens...been freaking out haha

Heh, the only time I have scratched any of my glass was when I did this.

Glass is very durable, he is right. However, the coatings on our expensive lenses are not really as hard as glass. So, while you probably won't damage your glass with a shirt...your coatings are screaming "hey screw you!"

Use a lens tissue, my man. They're cheap and you can throw them away after so you're sure they don't have dirt on them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back