fingers are important

danielsmith4213

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dannytsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was getting on the train today and nearly got my fingers stuck in the automatic door as it was closing. I started thinking, how would I be able to take pictures if I was missing all of my right fingers? Is there such thing as a left handed camera?

I was getting on the train today and nearly got my fingers stuck in the automatic door as it was closing. I started thinking, how would I be able to take pictures if I was missing all of my right fingers? Is there such thing as a left handed camera?
There are left handed grips that attach to cameras to deal with it (though I haven't seen any on or for modern cameras). Anyways, there's always the remote trigger - you could even press that with your toes or bite it. :lol:

There used to be.. Exakta cameras. I don't think they were intended for left only though.. just done that way by design.

I'd probably use a remote trigger and flash bracket.

btw... on the whole left handed thing...

Where in the world do I find a good comfortable ergonomic left-handed mouse!???!!! I am forced to use those mice for either hand but they are usually a compromise for me ergonomically.

Last edited:
btw... on the whole left handed thing...

Where in the world do I find a good comfortable ergonomic left-handed mouse!???!!! I am forced to use those mice for either hand but they are usually a compromise for me ergonomically.

I just googled lefty mouses and they're not too expensive... it must be strange

Once all the fingers on your right hand are gone, just turn the camera upside down so the shutter is on the bottom left and use your left fingers. :thumbup:

That way the scene on the image sensor would be right side up. Held normally the scene on the image sensor is always upside down.

Once all the fingers on your right hand are gone, just turn the camera upside down so the shutter is on the bottom left and use your left fingers. :thumbup:

That way the scene on the image sensor would be right side up. Held normally the scene on the image sensor is always upside down.
That's what I was going to suggest, lol. Hold it upside down and use your left thumb (I guess the pinky would be easier...) to operate the shutter release.

You would look funny, but it would work.

Rotating them in PP would be simple.

Personally, I'm right handed, but I can do anything with either hand. Sometimes I'm just not as good at it with the left one. Mostly my left-handed handwriting needs the most work, lol. It's still better than some people's 'normal' handwriting, but nowhere near as good as my right hand does... :lol:

EDIT
If you're wondering why - I had to learn to do anything with either hand for work. Sometimes it's just not possible to get your 'good hand' into the spot you need to work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back