Fire and beverages

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the very beginning of a series I sort of started a few years back when I first joined this forum (won the first monthly contest I submitted for too). Anyway, without further adieu, I present the series as I complete it:

Fire and Martini by Michael Long, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks, folks! I had a bucket of water handy just in case.

If anyone's interested in my setup, here it is. Normally I'd have a white board above the glass with a speedlite to capture the rim, but I think you can see why I opted not to put cardboard over this...

2016-11-21_05-41-27 by Michael Long, on Flickr

I like the first one, and am looking forward to the rest. The flames don't look tight in #2 - they look like they are behind the glass near the liquid but in the glass at the top.

Water is not usually a good thing for burning liquids, though with this small amount you might be OK. Having a box of baking soda, as well, wouldn't hurt.

Good thinking. I'll add that to my arsenal

Holy crap, Hasselblad AND Riedel (glass company) liked my martini shot on Instagram. Wow. Just... wow.

I really like these! I am wondering if you have considered using some other flammable substance such as isopropyl alcohol or maybe even sterno jell to get more blues and purples in the flame? I think it might make a nice contrast to the oranges.

Obviously rubbing alcohol won't work in the beer but something like sterno jell might assuming floats. Just an idea.

Regardless I think this is really cool as is.

This is the very beginning of a series I sort of started a few years back when I first joined event management this forum (won the first monthly contest I submitted for too). Anyway, without further adieu, I present the series as I complete it:
Michael Long, on Flickr

These really cool! Specially the first one!

Last edited:
I need to get cracking on this again. Been super busy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back