Fire - first attempt

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is for a school project (not photography related)

438065663_4WYiZ-L.jpg

438066324_9XZQx-L.jpg

438066161_M7c2p-L.jpg

WoW that is great, my first fire attempt was at a dirty old fire place after a couple kamikazes, didn't come out so great . . . Just couldn't get the settings right :( How did you get that beautiful black solid background ?

DSC006712.jpg

Keith, great shots! I would suggest that, if you're going to be burning paper, use a simple theme to get the point across, or just burn a blank piece of paper.

One of my first projects I ever did was a fire concept I shot back in the film days in my kitchen. I shot a series of 3 pieces of paper being burned. One was with the vent on, which was the only keeper. The other piece was wadded up and wasn't really dramatic enough. And the last piece was with the vent off, and I ended up burning my hand, dropping the piece of paper onto the the cloth that had served as my background, and freaking myself out quite a bit! But with that work, I was able to get a nice copyrighted photo that I'm earning money off of. Keep working at it. You've got the equipment, just work on the concept!

Keith, great shots! I would suggest that, if you're going to be burning paper, use a simple theme to get the point across, or just burn a blank piece of paper.

One of my first projects I ever did was a fire concept I shot back in the film days in my kitchen. I shot a series of 3 pieces of paper being burned. One was with the vent on, which was the only keeper. The other piece was wadded up and wasn't really dramatic enough. And the last piece was with the vent off, and I ended up burning my hand, dropping the piece of paper onto the the cloth that had served as my background, and freaking myself out quite a bit! But with that work, I was able to get a nice copyrighted photo that I'm earning money off of. Keep working at it. You've got the equipment, just work on the concept!

Good points

for this shoot, I used a receipt because it was necessary to support the school project this was for.

Wow these are great, can't believe they are "first attempts"! Really great shots :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back