Fire Truck

Tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tls-photo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tell me what you see when you look at this picture, do you think I could have done a better job on the subject?

EngineNose.jpg

Too much blank white for me. The colored light give it a little bit of an abstract feel, but it's not abstract enough to be an abstract. It just feels like it's missing either an interesting subject, or something interesting to say about the subject.

I think I know why you took the picture, though. "Neat" or "cool" calls to us. I just think that an image usually needs more than that to work. We do need to take pictures of neat things to learn to see what else is there, so it's not a wasted endeavor.

Hope that didn't sound to full of it.

not sure i like the angle
a cool effect might be to make everything black and white except for the lights

My first thought was that if you hadn't told me it was a firetruck I wouldn't have guessed it.

Well, the image doesn't speak to me. But one positive thing from this post is, it certainly looks like you achieved what you were looking for technically with DOF, etc...which is always good! A couple suggestions:

1. Try cropping out the road in the background, just the firetruck. I'm honestly not sure how this will look, but worth a try.

2. Someone suggested subjective coloring earlier, which might work.

Good luck!

Eric.

IMO the background on right side is distracting; try cropping it out and that should help to give it more of an abstract too

If you can re-shot and a little more angle

i to slow at posting replies

There is something there in the photo that may speak up louder. It is in the lights. (And in the fact that we can see you ... "bent" (no offence!) ... in those lights). But with the given frame it is getting lost. There are too many distractions there by the bright white of the car, the background of the street.

May I test out some crops to this photo to see if I can bring out what there is that might speak up more once there is less "photo" around?

The light on the front of the truck is not used on new trucks any more, it fires in sequense outside, middle, inside.

The road is kind of an important piece of the picture to me, I have been down that road in that truck many times. It is not just a truck but a life style, the road leads to an unknow resolve, it is not easily under stood by laymen. A well composed photo is art, a fire put out or life saved is just unreal. I guess the picture speaks to me just a bit more.

I do like your input please feal free to keep commenting.

My humble :sexywink: approach:

Attachments

• $EngineNose.jpg
    $EngineNose.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 82

Most reactions

Back