FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by wxnut, Jun 30, 2007.

1. wxnut

wxnut TPF Noob!

Pages for fire departments woke me up early this morning for a tire business fire in the next town, about 10 miles from me. Here is the view about 7 miles from the scene...
    [​IMG]

First hose layed out...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I was heading home, I saw the morning sun trying to peer through the smoke plume as it drifted east of the fire scene...

[​IMG]

Doug Raflik
    wxnut@charter.net

2. benjyman345

benjyman345 TPF Noob!

It is really bad that the house is on fire, but they really make great photography oppurtunities. The poor owners!

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Holy cow, these are some impressive fire photos! Burning tyres ... huge amounts of black smoke! Whoa!

I like all of these. ALL OF THEM!
    The first with the monstrous plume of smoke, easily guiding you to the location of the fire, I should say, then the fire "action" pics, for flames, destructive as they can be, are fascinating motifs! The silhouetted firefighters against the raging flames, trying to extinguish them with what looks like such a small stream of water (which it isn't, I know, but doesn't the water look "small" against the flames?) are such a good addition.

And then the sun. Trying as it might to shine through the smoke. GOOD!!! :thumbup:

4. wmodule

wmodule TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    cool it's like a movie storyboard and the final shot makes it totally global dramatic thaks for sharing

5. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow...impressive. I bet that fire stunk too. Guess I missed that on my fly by

6. lockwood81

lockwood81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :hail: That was great.

Back to the photos...great shots, I really like the look of the fire and the firemen silhouetted against it. Nice composition.
    I was wondering what some of your settings were, I'll be photographing an exhibition of firemen putting out a fire this coming Friday.