Firefighters c&c

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
there was a small fire down the street today figured id catch the action

fire_1crop_small.jpg

imo, it looks like a just a normal snapshot. Also either the quality went way down during upload or you have some other issues with noise and such, but the picture seems a pixelated to me and not very "clean"

I'm a rookie as well, but I would say the picture is overexposed ... BUT please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,I was getting some "snapshots" on the run, in this pic i was trying to get the firefighters, the ladder truck and the house all in one shot to tell the story

I would have framed the ladder engine better by getting it all in frame... have the people set their house on fire again so you can re-shoot.:thumbup:

p!nK

If you moved to the left, and had the ladder leading to the other fireman on the roof, it may have turned out better. My eyes followed that ladder all the way to the end, and there was nothing but sky. Other than that... it does kind of look like a snapshot how it sits.

I guess you had only a short time and had to be quick to get this photo and didn't have the time you would normally have to set it up, but some people use photo manipulating programmes to get the effect they want. I found that the photo had so much going on I didnt know where to look, there seemed so much information to take in. But as you say, you wanted to get the whole story in

The story seems lost. They could be there to get a raccoon out of the chimney.

couldn't move left or right because of trees. guess it is just a "snapshot" but a good one i like to take news type pics, not a lot of artsy stuff yet

The story seems lost. They could be there to get a raccoon out of the chimney.

no they stopped the fire from spreading, saving the house. they were checking for hot spots around the chimney area

couldn't move left or right because of trees. guess it is just a "snapshot" but a good one i like to take news type pics, not a lot of artsy stuff yet

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you were looking for news'y type pictures, you need it to convey the story/point and I think you missed out. It doesn't need to be artsy for it to convey the story.

All you gotta do is keep trying :), thats the point I'm at right now haha. At least you got some good C&C on your thread though, mine seem to get lost :(

great thanks

In a photograph like this it is all too true; no smoke, no fire...

p!nK

hey you got a picture MSnowy - that's something. got any more? this is better than some of the 'press photography' i see in my local paper. you could try a mono conversion. it would improve sharpness compared to the color aberrations, visible here.

Most reactions

Back