Firefighters doing what they do

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A structure/grass fire today in Acampo, CA. I didn't get there in time for hose work on the small structure, but there were still some grass fire flames while I was there. no hoses on them though. These guys were using rakes to pull the fire away from the grape vineyards to let it burn itself out on dry weeds.

3657840637_4975b9aa4a_o.jpg

Wonderful colours, and I like the heat waves distorting the view of the truck. I can practically feel the heat emanating off the pic!

Very neat heat distortion... something about the posture of the firefighters doesn't give me any sense of tension, though... they're being way too casual about it. Was it a test fire or something? It also feels as if the shot would be cooler if you had stepped to the right a bit and turned left so as to get more of the truck and less of the distracting background.

Oh, and you might want to mention to the firefighters that they shouldn't light their truck on fire... seems kind of counterproductive. :)

though zoomed, i think the foreground is made wonderful and now the firefighters putting out fire ...and the water flashing is visible at left on the vehicle....gr8 shot and combination of colours.

Neat picture ..... flames are awesome!!

r

Most reactions

New Topics

Back