Firefighting Photos

Lizardqing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some of the pics I have taken while on the fire department. if any one has any tips on what settings I could save on my camera for taking pictures at night, with moving people and flickering light from fire and get better photos, that would be appreciated. I do not get the advantage of using a tripod or anything like that and most of these were taken on the fly while going from one task to another.

Myrtle%20Dr%2010-70%2012-09-06%20020.jpg

WHOA :shock:

Pure action!
Wow.
And more WOW! :shock:

Sorry, I can't give you any pointers as to settings on your camera in situations such as these, but I am sure others will be able to. We have more than one fire fighter on board.

But I can say that I really like #3.

And #4 scares me ... that would have given me nightmares to look at as a little girl!

Editing to say: what?
More photos showing while I was typing?
That new one here ... is it in your fifth post (by the way, you may well put more than one photo into ONE post, but in that case it would be wise to number them), of the burning wood, that one's also really good.

And more!
Well, wow.
You don't NEED any pointers!
You have it all worked out already!

Thanks. A couple of those have been front page photos with our newspaper. i guess pictures are a bit like my other hobby with scale models in that I can be my own worst critic. Here's a one more of a chance shot before a parade.

gold_rush_2006_ga_dog.jpg

#4 is CRAZY! the tanker looks like it melted. Some of these are really cool.

Actually it is melting. By the time it all burned off all that was left was the frame and axles, which were fused to the road. The truck contained 8000 gallons of gas which as you can see caused a good bit of fire.

Gas%20Tanker%2010-70%20020R.jpg

Here is the aftermath, every one did make it out safely from the vehicles.

tanker%20fire%20foam2.jpg

lucky lucky you... I am envious. I am still trying to talk my dad into letting me show up on scene. Then again, I have to wait for a fire around here. We don't get many that aren't limited to the stove because the local drunk forgot he had food still cooking on the stove. And yes, I mean that. Dad worked two stations in the city where the majority of their fire calls were results of the drunk passing out.

But still, great shots! I don't think you need any pointers. Some details of the scene are better left in the dark and with the focus being on the fire, I'd say, you don't need to see a lot of details in the foreground. I only wish that the second picture, the fireman was in better focus but still awesome! I envy you. I want to go on scene so badly.

Nice shots. Who are you shooting for that allows you to get so close to the scenes? Only pointer I would give to be cautious around the scenes just in case something goes wrong.

Donna, hope you get to experience it one day.

Fredcwdoc, it's expected of me to get up close and personal. I am a firefighter with the department that those pictures are of. I am usually the apparatus operator and pumping the truck so I get chances to snap pictures. I never do though take any photos while actually fighting fire or any other physical involvement that it would divert my attention. I limit myself to them while I am in rehab or standing at my truck as well as once things calm down a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back