his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
light.jpg

so I want to catch some fireflies. This was the best I was able to do. But anyone who were to look at this picture would not be thrilled because there is nothing to look at. I went out at dusk. I think I will go out later. Has any of you tried fireflies, and if you have how did you get them???? Thanks!:D Oh and also for those of you who do night photography... how in the world to you focus in limted light??? As you can see in the above picture, it is blured (and I cannot do autofocus grrrrr) Thanks

I don't think you will be able to capture fireflies in a photo the way we do in person. If you use a short shutter, they will be spots of light. If you use a longer shutter, they will be streaks and there will be more of them. Either way, it will probably look like a problem with the image without a clue as to what they are. Keith Carter did this by using a jar, which is often associated with catching fireflies.

You could catch a few, put them in the jar, and then set it on the ground with the lid off. Some will stay in the jar and some would fly out, so you could get both spots and streaks, and the jar would give them context.

bummer. Well I will have to try the jar method. What a shame! Fireflies are so beautiful, it would be wonderful to capture them on film! If only my son was a few years older so that we could do this together. Sigh:meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back