Firefox 3

Quicktime is a clear example of why I hate Apple software. It thinks everything should be done one way. I don't want it to auto start with windows, I don't want it to play in my browser, I don't like that I can't change the brightness settings, and I don't like having basic software crippling a feature as simple as full screen video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_Alternative

If you need to use the Real codec there's an alternative to the spyware laden program that is Realplayer too.

Yeah, Opera has that too. You can't (I don't think so anyway) add more search engins to it like you can on Firefox though. It has a few to pick from though, just not as many as you can add onto Firefox.

Yes you can, and you can assign shortcuts to them for quick searching in the address bar, i.e. type "g hello world" to search for hello world on google, or one of my custom ones "ne video card" to search new egg

Quicktime is a clear example of why I hate Apple software. It thinks everything should be done one way. I don't want it to auto start with windows, I don't want it to play in my browser, I don't like that I can't change the brightness settings, and I don't like having basic software crippling a feature as simple as full screen video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_Alternative

If you need to use the Real codec there's an alternative to the spyware laden program that is Realplayer too.
Q.F.E. I have real quiktime, because it is packaged with iTunes, but I give it zero access to play anything other than QT movies

I just decided to go with firefox 3, not noticing a huge difference, but it will be nice if my bookmarks dont dissapear as the old version everynow and then after an update would errase everything!

also added pic lens which is cool

I just decided to go with firefox 3, not noticing a huge difference, but it will be nice if my bookmarks dont dissapear as the old version everynow and then after an update would errase everything!

also added pic lens which is cool

Opera, on the other hand, synchs your bookmarks to a central server, so they never disappear, and appear on every computer you use, updated in real time...

The "Tab Mix Plus" extension doesn't work with it. Anyone know of a similar extension that works?
Yes, it works. The one on mozdev/AMO does not, but this one does.

http://tmp.garyr.net/dev-builds/tab_mix_plus-0.3.6.1.080416.xpi

I've been using Firefox 3 for a couple months, it's a nice piece of software, better memory usage than version 2.

The "weakness" some may have heard about has been out since the Fx 2 days, reporting it the day Fx 3 came out is just a futile attempt to discredit Firefox 3.

I fixed my problem in firefox by disabling the quicktime plugin. Now it has to either open quicktime or WMP.

And Woodwind (Clarinet... HA!), you are making a good case for Opera. If I ever have problems with Firefox it will be my next choice. But Firefox is just comfortable to me. Don't ask me why.

I don't know if people know this, but you can access a new tab in Firefox with Ctrl + T. I'm sure that's known (it says so in the menu) and you just prefer a button, but if all else fails, its always an option. :)

Opera, on the other hand, synchs your bookmarks to a central server, so they never disappear, and appear on every computer you use, updated in real time...

Yep, they stole that idea from a Firefox plugin back in version 1.3. On a downside that was an official google labs project for Firefox, and they mentioned that they will shortly stop development and leave it to the hands of the community. I wonder if it will disappear...

I don't know if people know this, but you can access a new tab in Firefox with Ctrl + T. I'm sure that's known (it says so in the menu) and you just prefer a button, but if all else fails, its always an option. :)

As far as what people don't know, the most helpful tip I've received in the last few weeks is that you can re-open the last closed tab using Ctrl + Shift + T. I accidently close the wrong tab all the time :S

As far as what people don't know, the most helpful tip I've received in the last few weeks is that you can re-open the last closed tab using Ctrl + Shift + T. I accidently close the wrong tab all the time :S

I just usually use History go down to reasently closed tabs....

Most reactions

Back