Fireworks from this evening, C&C please

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everybody and their brother will be posting fireworks this weekend I'm sure, so I'll just do my two favorites. First attempt at fireworks. Click for EXIF. Two others in my flickr photostream if you're interested.

Looks like a flower. The guys setting them off were down where the red glow is. Cars going by on the highway in the foreground.

Colors aren't great on this one, but I like the shape.

nice shots. I like #1 best. Especially showing the fireworks now being shot up as well as the one thats has exploded already. My only complaint would probably be the smoke but i guess i would be hard to avoid it. Good job.

I like em both. I vote for #1

The first is beautiful. Crop it only to the fireworks to make the shot more visually pleasing.

Really? I tried that and I really felt it lost something with no horizon for reference.

no, no no...leave it the way it is...these break away from the generic approach to firework photos. We're seeing what's behind the curtain this time, and the colors from the stream really make the shot more interesting...great stuff

no, no no...leave it the way it is...these break away from the generic approach to firework photos. We're seeing what's behind the curtain this time, and the colors from the stream really make the shot more interesting...great stuff

This one is not an optical illusion. This really was that low. Many of the sparks actually touched the ground around the guys setting them off. (No adjustments, just sized.)

EDIT: The heck with it, there's some more I really like.

Last edited:
This batch is even better than the earlier one.
Above, I meant to make a tight crop. Leave it if you are unhappy with the results.

I assume you mean by that take the sky to the left of the firework out?

WoW these are great good job great lighting and very clear :thumbup:

WoW these are great good job great lighting and very clear :thumbup:

Thanks!

I've actually got some better ones from Saturday and Sunday night. (Yay 3 nights in a row!)

I'll post some more tonight.

Most reactions

Back