fireworks in b&w?

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
new camera, new to these forums, just playing around. I'm not sure if I like this photo or not, it seems strange to have something normally known for vivid colors to be in b&w, but that may add to it. I'd be interested in what others think.

JTH_47a-email.jpg

really unique, great idea... its always fun to look at how you would normally shoot a certain subject then completely do the opposite. great job being creative :p

B&W is different... I like it.

Steve

I think that the B&W helps it be a good photo. You've also got a great composition there imo and an interesting foreground (but not tooo interesting), and a perfect exposure. All those things add up to make this wonderful B&W. It truly is different. But I'm not sure it would work on all firework shots.
Nice work! And welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the remarks everybody.

Meysha said:
I think that the B&W helps it be a good photo. You've also got a great composition there imo and an interesting foreground (but not tooo interesting), and a perfect exposure. All those things add up to make this wonderful B&W. It truly is different. But I'm not sure it would work on all firework shots. Nice work! And welcome to the forum!

Thanks Meysha, I took about 250 shots that night, of which about 30 turned out decent IMO, but there were two that I thought worked better in B&W. I'll put the other one up here later.

JTHphoto said:
Thanks Meysha, I took about 250 shots that night, of which about 30 turned out decent IMO, but there were two that I thought worked better in B&W. I'll put the other one up here later.

:lol: :lol: :lol: how about a year later!!!

JTH_44b-email.jpg

Wow, look how much better this one is! I do like this.. The first one looks like a flower at first.. this one is clearly fireworks. I love this shot!

Most reactions

Back