Spent half an hour sitting on my roof the other week. Here's the results:

DSCF4405.jpg

DSCF4394.jpg

DSCF4391-crop.jpg

DSCF4387.jpg

DSCF4383.jpg

And my personal favourite: 6
DSCF4416.jpg

I used digital zoom on a few of these, hence the image quality. 3x optical is just not enough :angry1: !! Oh and sorry about all the buildings and TV aerials in the way... nothing I could do about them...

I trouble with fireworks is that you have to hit the shutter 4 or 5 seconds before they pop because you need to expose the rest of the scene, which means you must also consider the areas in the dark as part of the composition.
The last one is best for me because it's not just a pop on a black picture but a bit more exposure on the houses would have made it better for me.

Looks like a fun night.

Thanks guys and thanks for the advice nossie.

Just a quick question about the first photo that's been bugging me. The firework is sharp, but the buildings in the background seem to have some motion blur to them... why is this? If the camera moved, why is the firework sharp?

I have tried to take photos of fireworks and to me it's a little difficult. But I like trying & sometimes I get goods one. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing!

Just a quick question about the first photo that's been bugging me. The firework is sharp, but the buildings in the background seem to have some motion blur to them... why is this? If the camera moved, why is the firework sharp?

Maybe it's because the movement happened when the fireworks were not active in the scene!?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back