TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_5882share.jpg

IMG_5824share.jpg

IMG_5804share.jpg

IMG_5794share.jpg

Ohhh wow, I cant even pick a fav. I love them all. Could you tell us what you did?

Great shots! Fireworks are tough to capture but you did a great job.

thanks everybody. yeah, i figured there would be a lot of fireworks threads over the next week or so, just wanted to share my $0.02 worth.
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26543

his & verde - I used a tripod set up at a nearby lake, with a cable release. I left it on the "bulb" setting so I could control how long the exposure was, typically only about 2 or 3 seconds, just long enough to catch the trails going up and 2 or 3 bursts, otherwise the fireworks overlap eachother and don't look very good. I used mostly F8 at ISO 100, as I have read that is best for fireworks (although, i experimented with one or two stops below and above). I then used ps elements to crop (i left the lens pretty wide to avoid cutting off any of the larger, higher fireworks) and then slightly burned the reflection in the water to make it stand out a little more. I also cloned out any smoke if i felt it was distracting, then resized and saved for the web.

i was a little dissapointed because the buffer on my camera seemed slow, and it wasn't until afterward that I realized I had the "noise reduction" custom function enabled and it was slowing me down alot. I only took 150 or so photos this year, and I was able to take about 300 in the same amount of time last year. none of my shots last year had any noise worth reducing... and neatimage would probably do just as good anyway...

Canon 20D, 3" on bulb, F10, ISO100, tripod/cable release
IMG_5863share.jpg

This is excellent - and thanks for the info how how you took the shots.

Wow, fireworks as seen from across some water, now that does add a lot to a picture. Hard to tell which one I like best, I like them all, seems to have been a wonderful fireworks, could be I like the water best in Photo 2. Maybe, but I don't really know :scratch: :wink:

great shots here! love what you did :)
thanks for sharing these.. they're all real neat :D

thanks everybody, glad you enjoyed them... mentos, it was an early July 4th (Independence Day) celebration... basically an excuse to go to the lake, drink beer, barbecue, and photograph fireworks... :lol:

Good job with these J.... they look great :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back