Firing order of strobes...

Well,EXCUUUUSE ME Mr Camshaft expert.
If you know all that then you should easily have understood Derrel without asking all those other silly questions.
I suppose you knew the firing order of a 390 too,huh?!?!?

But of course. My knowledge of camshafts and such won an international knowledge competition, and I only had four hours to prepare it.

Last edited:
And yet,you gave up butter for mayo.
I don't understand.

Wow--what a small world! When I was a kid, I worked summers at a farm, and they had a 1969 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 390 CID V-8, and it was used to pull irrigation pipe trailers out on the highway, in between different parcels of land! Towing a pipe wagon on the highway using a tractor was too slow, too dangerous, but the 390 CID V-8 engine in the Ranch Wagon could pull a trailer full of 3-inch, 40-foot long irrigation pipes 45 or so miles per hour, so...adequately safe. Wondering if the 1968 390's firing order would have been the same as in the 1969 incarnation of the 390 CID?

Wow--what a small world! When I was a kid, I worked summers at a farm, and they had a 1969 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 390 CID V-8, and it was used to pull irrigation pipe trailers out on the highway, in between different parcels of land! Towing a pipe wagon on the highway using a tractor was too slow, too dangerous, but the 390 CID V-8 engine in the Ranch Wagon could pull a trailer full of 3-inch, 40-foot long irrigation pipes 45 or so miles per hour, so...adequately safe. Wondering if the 1968 390's firing order would have been the same as in the 1969 incarnation of the 390 CID?
Probably.

Mine was a '68 Galaxy 500. I had to put cinder blocks in the truck to get any kind of traction in snow.

The 390 FE was a badass. And yes,it was the same motor in '68 and '69. In fact,I think it remained unchanged until the mid 70's from around '61 or so.

And yet,you gave up butter for mayo.
I don't understand.

For the sake of your soul, I hope someday you DO understand.
OK. Full disclosure.
Around 10 years ago I was in a friends bar and his cousin was in the back "cooking"(grilling sandwiches at 3:30 AM).
He made up a bunch of what I guess could be called Ruebens without the kraut. On fresh marble onion rye.
They were fantastic.
And it was only because he used mayo instead of butter. That was the only difference from any other nights sandwiches.
The corned beef and pastrami were the same fresh as usual. Boars Head swiss,and he even added a little smoked turkey.
Mayo instead of butter. I couldn't believe it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back