First 10D pics

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first two were using a tripod, the others were all handheld.

1) ISO 100, F32, 15 secs exposure, PS to lighten.
normal_CNSD1.jpg

2) ISO 100, F22, 15 secs exposure, PS to lighten.
normal_CNSDLG1.jpg

3) Glass ornament stall, really looked pretty at night, ISO 1600, F16, 1/45 secs exposure.
normal_CNDGLS1.jpg

4) ISO 1600, F3.5, 1/30 sec exposure.
normal_CNDFTN.jpg

5) Brilliant violinist working there, ISO 1600, F4.0, 1/60 sec exposure, some PS to sharpen.
normal_CNDVLN1.jpg

1st 2 photos - where in CA did you find a pretty place like that?

Last pics... You went to Disneyland. I'm so jealous. :greendev:

(recognised the World of Disney store in the background...not to mention the MM crystal.)

photogoddess said:
1st 2 photos - where in CA did you find a pretty place like that?

A: San Dimas Canyon in San Gabriel mountains

Last pics... You went to Disneyland. I'm so jealous. :greendev:

A: Went there late hoping to get some pics of the fireworks but they didn't have them last night so took a quick stroll and shot whatever looked good.

photogoddess said:
Very cool! You like the 10D so far?

In a word: Ecstatic!

Learned an awful lot yesterday, like for instance: believe the exposure meter...what you see on the LCD display is way lighter!
Much more practice needed but I'm working on it.

BTW, shame on Chase for not letting us have our own forum section, still, there'll probably be a Nikon contingent spring up soon that wants their own section as well. Carried to extremes would you believe a Holga section?

photogoddess said:
Nikon and Holga? :shock: (slaps forehead)

Pretty much synonymous huh?
(Incoming!...runs for cover)

He dribbles, he shoots.... He Scores! And the crowd goes wild!!!! :lol:

Nice shots Sid. The 10D was apparently worth the wait, eh?

i got a nikon, Granted it's older than i am though :wink:

Nice pictures. It looks like you know how to actually use your new camera. I've seen so many people buy digy cams loaded with manual features and then just let the camera use it's own settings while taking a picture. Then it's always how did u do that? THat's imposible we have the same camera.

What are you using to resize the pictures. It looks very brutal.

Anyway nice shots.

Hi Jim!
Yes it was worth the wait, very pleased with it as you might have guessed. How's that Pentax of yours working out?

Hi Garbz!
I'm using Photoshop to resize, I set the picture size and then "save for web" to cut the file size down to something manageable, typically around 40K.

Hi Karalee!
The weight of that camera does help a lot but I didn't have the shakes last night because I'd been on the wagon for a whole day! Went home and had a drink just to celebrate.

when you resize tem that samll they become very pixelated, try to make them bit ;arger in the pixel count, it is hard to pick up on the fine details.

great photos of what i can see,

I also have the 10d and it is awesome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back