First "action" shot... C&C please

EleanorW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I couldn't resist after seeing chammers pictures of his puppies :) I took this a few weeks ago of my boy Oreo running like a mad fool in the middle of a farmers field. I would appreciate any comments. I think I got the focus on him, but I'm not 100% positive.

637943572_itvzs-L.jpg

Ok I couldn't resist after seeing chammers pictures of his puppies :) I took this a few weeks ago of my boy Oreo running like a mad fool in the middle of a farmers field. I would appreciate any comments. I think I got the focus on him, but I'm not 100% positive.

I've seen your shots on SmugMug and they're excellent. You have a very good eye (you take better shots than I do) and I'm aware that you're learning the geek stuff. Now, that I've got the (well earned) compliment out of the way, the shot of Oreo just doesn't snap out at me. I wish that I could tell you why.

Wow, thanks Plato - I still get a big kick out someone liking my stuff :) What about this picture of Oreo? It's personally my favorite from that day:

637943873_2fyqK-L.jpg

Wow, thanks Plato - I still get a big kick out someone liking my stuff :) What about this picture of Oreo? It's personally my favorite from that day:

Aaah! Now I realize what the problem is. Too much field and not enough Oreo. Try cropping the second one significantly so that it's mostly Oreo.

I'm on the east coast and I get up at 4:00. I won't respond again until tomorrow.

The cropped version is better. Personally, I prefer crop more on the left side. :)

I agree I like the cropped version much better. As said above, there was just too much field and not enough Oreo. Cute dog too, keep up the good work!

It's not as crisp as it should be. I think the focus is off (not surprising since it was moving towards you).
Maybe try the continuous focus mode when shooting this kind of photo.

i cant believe i missed this. sorry, eleanor! :(

i cant see the first pic, only the one stated as being cropped. its a good shot, but i have to agree with rex! is something i learned very very quickly with those lil pups. i keep high continuous drive mode chosen, and ai servo focus so that the af tracks them. its not 100% perfect as i get a lot of throw aways more often than not (most likely user error), but buried in the bunch are usually a few good shots i can use!

really love his pose though (and his name)! :D

Most reactions

Back