First Attemp at Senior Pictures!

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by Stacey, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Stacey

Stacey TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This weekend I made an attempt at doing Senior Pictures for a friend of mine. I'm actually happy with the way most of them turned out! And the best part? It was overcast! Can I even tell you how excited I was that there was no harsh sunlight? LOL! For quite a few of these pictures he was dressed in his baseball uniform...well not, the entire uniform, he wanted to go with a "sandlot" look, hence the outfit but it worked so....Please C/C! Just keep in mind that for whatever reason, Photobucket doesn't seem to like me and has been distorting my images....I need to find another free site that will let me hotlink to my images...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I took quite a few of him playing ball and I know it isn't perfect b/c his face is covered by the glove but I like it!
    [​IMG]

2. JDS

JDS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like these. :) In 1 and 4, the white balance seems a bit off - his face is a little too red.

3. Stacey

Stacey TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanks! :) I think they're too red b/c I was playing around with the saturation...I like to pull color out of the pics but when it comes to adding a bit, I may tend to go a bit overboard! lol...I'm working on learning when enough is enough! haha...

Thanks for the critique!

4. playswithlight

playswithlight TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Definitely need to play with the color on a couple of them, his skin tone is way off on a couple. Also on number 1, there's a blob (tree branch?) in the top left hand corner I'd either clone out or crop around. #5 would be my favorite if it was just a little less tilted and maybe his other foot was showing. But, I think it was a good first outing.

5. JimmyJaceyMom

JimmyJaceyMom TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Are you familiar with layers? If so you can still have fun with saturation and then just esrae the skin tone back to normal. ;) And I htink they could do well with a bit of unsharp mask too. Excellent composition!!!!!!!!

6. Double H

Double H TPF Noob!

Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree on the white-balance comments. With something as important as Senior Pics, having a grey card and doing a custom white balance will make your customer much happier with the final images. Also, I would have used a narrower DOF to create a softer background, and more emphasis on your (paying) subject. It looks like you were using a large aperture, so maybe a tighter crop, feels like there is too much other stuff, and not enough closeness.

7. Stacey

Stacey TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I'm very much embarassed the admit that I know nothing about layers...Sad to say! :( I try to read PS Tutorials as I go along but most often, I just don't understand...I will definitely go back in though and readjust his skin tone...looking at them again, I can tell that it is MUCH too red! But thank you very much for the tip...I'll play around with it a bit more and see what I can do! :)

8. Viperjet

Viperjet TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    2 and 3 are very nice, I like the brick wall.

With the baseball ones, I would have tried to time it where we can see the ball flying out of his hand...that would made it cooler.