First attempt (10 images)... opinions?

ladyphotog said:
They are all really good but the first one is definately the best, great catchlights too. Good job!

yea i agree about the first.... these are great shots for a first shoot with a DSLR... some natural tallent involed me thinks, well done ;)

9 and 10 for me. Great shots.

I would like 5, too if'n it weren't for the sparkly make-up.
kinda bummed me out to see that kind of makup on such a naturally pretty face.

Beautiful Sister (hey I'm only 17!?!).

I particularly like 3, 4, 9 & 10.

The eye-liner (think that's what it's called) on #5 might be a little to much but I like it: Pretty eyes in this one! Black and white always gives a different look. Your #9 does this and I like it!

#4 I would say would look like she is advertising the coat!

Great pictures though. I'm looking at the D50. Now I know what kind of portraits it makes!

Just like JenniferLynn said the make-up is always good but she is very pretty so maybe you could try another "shoot" without make-up and see what turns up, Angie. This thread is a little older so you might have done this already!

~Michael~

I like all of them a lot! but I am not sure about her makeup. for me it is too harsh for such a young girl... she is beautiful without any "paintings" on her face!

Actually I agree with iflynething,

I find that the X's are well lit and the colours seem to have great balance. Although I must say I find the topic a little repetitive :)

Moose

Seems like the contrast is a little to much and it's a little to bright...with the X the white just stands out like a sore thumb!!

Where'd the beautiful pictures go?

Donde esta Angie? HA Bustin out some espanol on ya'll!

~Michael~

Sorry about the red x's... I was moving somethings around in photobucket. They should be back now. :)

Thank you all for the comments and tips. :)

Take Care,
Angie

Well OOOOOOOOo boy they are back to normal and good as ever!!

Again great pictures!

~Michael~

Hai Welcome to the forum,
#1, 3 5 and 9 really stand out for me. You have done a very good job. Though I think you can look for two things,
1. Do not crop much during the post processing. There's a lot of loss in these photos.
2. In portraits, especially of girls, Hair details pay much to the output effect. She's having a beautiful hair and you should get the details more as you have done in #1 and #5.

Best of luck with your new D50. (I too am excited with my new D50 and experimenting a lot).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back