First attempt at a narrative series.

mal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keeprolling.co.uk
I also posted this in the photo themes, but I thought I'd share it with anyone who doesn't go on that forum too. Mods - sorry if the double posting is a problem, I'll be more than happy to take this thread down if you don't approve.

Bad News - A Series.

BadNews1.jpg

BadNews2.jpg

BadNews3.jpg

BadNews4.jpg

BadNews5.jpg

BadNews6.jpg

BadNews7.jpg

BadNews8.jpg

Critique appreciated, as I can reshoot this pretty much as many times as I want.

I dig it. It's really awesome. I like the finish. The shadows make the theme perfect. I'd say if you hadn't told me the theme I would have had a harder time until the last photo to figure it out. In the second photo however, I would have liked the background a little darker or more blurred. Good work!

How I wish I were that creative... all I can ever do is "see something - take its photo". I could never come up with an idea in my head and stage a series like you did here, with the right light and all. This is great!
(Though my "strawberry photos" from a while ago were a tiny step into that direction).

Thanks guys. Eric - I agree with you about the lighting in #2. I'm gonna try to get that sorted. Shooting it was really difficult, as I used loads of different shutter speeds to get the different effects, and I had to adjust the aperture to maintian the right level of light. Looks like I was a bit off the mark with that one! Normally I'd have been less lazy and reshot it, but it was 4AM and I was tired, as you can probably see from my bloodshot eyes!

Awesome series! The last one really wraps it up nicely! And each of these on their own is such a great photo too.
Good Work!

Most reactions

Back