First Attempt at B&W

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by WolfSpring, Oct 16, 2007.

1. WolfSpring

WolfSpring TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well today was cloudy as all get up so it was the perfect day for me to test out my camera's B&W settings, these aren't the best but the one of Kira bending over I really like, and I took it in RAW+JPG so I'd like to see the color also, if I can figure out how to convert it.
    [​IMG]
    2. Not that great but love the size comparison.
    [​IMG]
    3. This one I didn't even use the viewfinder, was messing around.
    [​IMG]

C&C welcomed and appreciated.

2. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    RAW will keep all the colour...
    So why not shoot in colour to begin with? Then you can do the black and white conversion after...

It always turns out better when you do it in photoshop or lightroom than when you do it with a camera setting.

3. WolfSpring

WolfSpring TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I was just messing around, the clouds outside were coming out all wrong and earlier I was talking about if it was better to do B&W in PS or on the camera, and someone said you could do the RAW+JPG thing and I'm just screwing around, learning a little better about light and settings figured why not. Didn't expect that one to come out any good and I like that one, would like to see it in color, specially since her shirt is red and pants are blue. But what proggie to convert them can I use for a nikon NEF file?