Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first attempt at fire works.

951-Fireworks-01.jpg

20D RAW - 35mm-105mm at 105mm - Shutter speed 8 seconds - aperture F5.6 - ISO 100
Levels in PS

Amazing, I have photographed firewoorks for years and mine now are not as good as your ***FIRST SHOTS***:hail:. Life is not fair, i want to be as good as you!

Dan

First shots! Pretty impressive!
I like the fact that it is not quite dark yet so there is still a little colour hue to the sky and the silhouette of the pine trees lining the bottom.
Very nice shot!

Mike...your first attempt at turned out great...Mine were crap. I had the worst place to take the shots imagniable..car kept beaming with headlights and the humidity completely threw my focals off. they all turned out looking like neon jelly fish in the sky. nice work!!

I only had time to take about 8 photos...this one was the best. A few were way too long...and just an over exposed blob...some of the others were too short and not timed right.

I had the noise reduction turned on...and boy...it really, really slowed things down. I would take a 10 second shot...and have to wait at least that long after the shutter clsoed...to take another shot. I missed a lot of stuff that way.

I was actually really far away...this is was taken at 105mm and it's maybe a 30% crop of the original. There is actually a bridge with a busy road below where this was taken...I had grand dreams of getting nice big fire works with light trails from the cars bellow. But the vantage point I chose...did not allow me to see the road...and the fire works were much smaller/farther away than I though they would be. That's what I get for only doing this on the last night of 10 straight nights with fireworks. :X

very cool shot, i like it

really nice shot Mike.
10 days of fireworks? thats just crazy.
Well, i gonna try some fireworks shots tonight, hope it all works out
Greetz Daan

first attempt? likely story! :) looks like you have it off to a fine art, brilliant capture big mike, nice work.

First attempt ?? :hail:

Steve :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back