First Attempt at Long Exposure - C&C

TheBoombaGnome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I found out tonight that my ****ty little Panasonic Lumix point and shoot can actually do up to 60 second exposure shots...so me and my buddy Brandon went out and about...we ended up at this middle school by my house...and really this is one of 2 shots that actually came out decent. For my first attempt at long-exposure shots, I'm not too upset with how this showed up

Panasonic DMC-LZ7 Lumix
f/2.8
30 sec exposure
ISO-100
0 Exposure Bias

Photoshopped to bring down brightness and restore somewhat normal coloring.

ONE CONTINUOUS SHOT - He moved at approximately 15 seconds through exposure to the second position on the right.

4517245896_08d3c4de19.jpg

LINK TO FULL SIZED IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4517245896_08d3c4de19_b.jpg
The only thing that REALLY is bothering me is that I didn't see the little light by the right guys waist, and that put that strange glare there...we're going to go back eventually and try a few more shots there as it was a really good area...Just let me know what you think!

Thanks guys!!

Boomba

Last edited:
That looks pretty cool. I wonder what it would look like if you tried lighting your friend with a flash or a flashlight in both positions.

not bad for your first try. Try holding a flashlight on and moving it around or write letters in the air, then in the photo it should show the path you made with the flashlight and it will look like a continuous beam.

BTW, what font did you use for your signature in the picture? I like it.

Hey there, I noticed that you said that you photoshopped to bring down brightness, but looking at the image it feels like it's very underexposed. In fact, what should be whites are cloudy flat grey.

Nice image though!

That looks pretty cool. I wonder what it would look like if you tried lighting your friend with a flash or a flashlight in both positions.
Thanks. We're gonna try the flashlight technique within the next couple of nights

not bad for your first try. Try holding a flashlight on and moving it around or write letters in the air, then in the photo it should show the path you made with the flashlight and it will look like a continuous beam.

BTW, what font did you use for your signature in the picture? I like it.
Thanks! The font was called Luna Bar which i actually found on StumbleUpon of all places...i'm sure you can find it on google though.

Hey there, I noticed that you said that you photoshopped to bring down brightness, but looking at the image it feels like it's very underexposed. In fact, what should be whites are cloudy flat grey.

Nice image though!
p1110526k.jpg

Thats how the original looked (I just resized it). I'm not sure how I feel about it, it almost seems way too bright for me...what do you think? Did I maybe darken it a little bit too much?

I understand how this is done, but why don't we see him all over the image since he would have had to move around within the frame?

I understand how this is done, but why don't we see him all over the image since he would have had to move around within the frame?

I'm still a rookie, but I think it was because over the time of a 30 second exposure, with him standing still for 14 seconds on each side, the 2 seconds of movement didn't really register as opposed to the 28 seconds of stillness......someone correct me if I am horribly, horribly wrong which is very possible :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back