First attempt at Low Key

Take a look at his gallery, nothing to write home about
Apparently these days it is perfectly acceptable to take snapshots while continually espousing oneself an expert. I'm in need to update my CV as well. Obviously I posess more skills than previoudly considered. Snapshots must be en vogue this season.

I have no interest in making photographs that would please you. I have no interest in professional photography.

Apparently these days it is perfectly acceptable to take snapshots while continually espousing oneself an expert. I'm in need to update my CV as well. Obviously I posess more skills than previoudly considered. Snapshots must be en vogue this season.

I have no interest in making photographs that would please you. I have no interest in professional photography.

Why are you hanging out with we mere "photographers" P-P??? I thought a week ago you were proclaiming, loudly and vociferously, that you are our intellectual superior, and had, " No desire to associate with photographers."

What gives? This week you're telling us you know more than we, the collective "we", know and that "we" ought to defer to your vast wealth of knowledge. I do not understand why you're so insistent on acting like, to use the polite term, an agent provocateur, which the Canadians call a $h!+-stirrer, and we Americans now often refer to as a "Summer's Eve"...

I love how you contradict yourself on this. You claim that dog pic is high- key, yet you just argued about how high key has bright background and subject? That background is black and the subject has dark tones throughout. You can't even keep your own BS straight.

Why are you hanging out with we mere "photographers" P-P??? I thought a week ago you were proclaiming, loudly and vociferously, that you are our intellectual superior, and had, " No desire to associate with photographers."

What gives? This week you're telling us you know more than we, the collective "we", know and that "we" ought to defer to your vast wealth of knowledge. I do not understand why you're so insistent on acting like, to use the polite term, an agent provocateur, which the Canadians call a $h!+-stirrer, and we Americans now often refer to as a "Summer's Eve"...

I can do nothing about your emotional lability. You'll have to work on that yourself.

I can do nothing about your emotional lability. You'll have to work on that yourself.

If I say 'x' and you get all upset because you're sure that 'x' is false, and then it turns out that 'x' is true after all, well just take my word for it. I know what I'm talking about.

I love how you contradict yourself on this. You claim that dog pic is high- key, yet you just argued about how high key has bright background and subject? That background is black and the subject has dark tones throughout.

Now I'm confused. I thought that it was you who suggested that the dog picture was high key:

I would say that is high key. Evenly lit no heavy shadows on the subject yet a dark background. Looks like some backlighting or hairlight or something giving slight highlights to the right.

and I disagreed with you, because I disagree with your concept of high key and low key.

Best,
Helen

Why don't you piss off then

I love how you contradict yourself on this. You claim that dog pic is high- key, yet you just argued about how high key has bright background and subject? That background is black and the subject has dark tones throughout.

Now I'm confused. I thought that it was you who suggested that the dog picture was high key:

I would say that is high key. Evenly lit no heavy shadows on the subject yet a dark background. Looks like some backlighting or hairlight or something giving slight highlights to the right.

and I disagreed with you, because I disagree with your concept of high key and low key.

Best,
Helen

So it is mid key :D

If I say 'x' and you get all upset because you're sure that 'x' is false, and then it turns out that 'x' is true after all, well just take my word for it. I know what I'm talking about.

Your gallery says you don't know what you are talking about

I know what these terms mean, which is the relevant issue. Care to keep this on topic? Or do you want to get all ad hominem? Your impertinence is so charming.

This is what high-key looks like:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks...n7jho1_400.jpg

This is what low key looks like:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...amlet_1922.jpg

Any questions?

Last edited:

I know what these terms mean, which is the relevant issue. Care to keep this on topic? Or do you want to get all ad hominem? Your impertinence is so charming.

This is what high-key looks like:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks...n7jho1_400.jpg

This is what low key looks like:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...amlet_1922.jpg

Any questions?

So you don't know what mid key is then, don't you have any of your own examples :lol:

Most reactions

Back