First attempt at PS, C&C?

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have no real training on Photoshop, but have played around a little. I have several years of experience with different CAD programs from my days as a Tool & Die Maker, which I think helps a little, but not much. This was my first real attempt at improving upon a photo. The first is the original, and the second is my edited version. Any suggestions on how I did/what I could do differently? Feel free to edit!

P.S. Can anyone recommend a good book for dummies on Photoshop?

DSC_0017.jpg

Huttonowhere.jpg

Thanks much!

i love number one, i could have cropped it where the curve starts but thats just my preference

I perfer the original one.

Hmmm, guess it's back to the drawing board... :lol: Thanks for the input, though

i like the original one more. i like how you can see where the curve begins. gives your eye more running to do.

photoshop for dummy? YOUTUBE! Seriously! do a search for each tool you see on your screen.. for example "photoshop magic wand", "photoshop pen tool", "photoshop make boobs big" LOL.. Also you need to check out adobetv.

Thanks for the tips. Especially with YouTube, I never would have thought of that one! I think I went at this photo from the wrong direction. I made up my mind first that I wanted to convert something to black and white, then I went on a treck to find the best shot to fill that desire. As a result I think I tried to induce something in to the picture that just wasn't there. I guess at my level, I need to start with the picture in front of me and see what I can do with it rather than working backwards from the end result I have in my mind. I think I'm many photo shoots away from developing that level of foresight.

dude, the color on the original was so good. I don't think you want it to be B&W!

i prefer the original one,i like the idea too.

I agree, first one had better color, and the crop completely ruined it. Just because you CAN photoshop a picture, doesn't always mean you SHOULD. I would definately try youtube though, and some books at your library, depending which version you have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back