First attempt at studio lighting

Feel free to edit these ones, guys. Thanks for actualy caring though!

Thanks for letting us edit.... I really need to be careful doing this as I've fallen foul of editing images without consent before!! I just don't read the ok/not ok!!

Anyway, not saying my edit is great but indicating your exposure is off.

The edits look better, but move the models about 4' from that background and th background will not be so distracting. YTry also to light the background more evenly.

oh in that case

edit: wow is it just me or is the one where shes like grabbing her boob...errr yeah. sketchy

editgirl.jpg

Try shooting in Manual mode. Set your shutter speed to your max sync, ISO 100 then use your aperture to adjust the exposure. Other suggestions already on this thread (e.g. moving the models away from the background and keeping unattractive electrical outlets out of the composition) are spot on.

I might try and find a big sheet to throw up behind your models to make the backround a bit more interesting. I just light my backround sheets with a walmart clamp light and some 60watt reveal light balanced bulbs.

They all seem a bit flat...are you lighting with a 1:1 ratio? you might try dropping your fill light a bit and see if you can get some more contrast. Keep em coming!

Also see if this tutorial helps you any, they are using hot lights but you can turn down the intensity instead of backing the lights up. They have tons of other lighting tut's there as well....http://photoflexlightingschool.com/Lighting_Lessons/Basic_Lighting/Portrait_Indoor/The_First_Studio_Portrait_Kit/index.html

helped me tons....now I just need to find a model lol.

Most reactions

Back