First attempt at water drop photos

Abstract

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is no where near as good as the drop photos Ive seen about this forums but I'm pleased because it meant I learnt how to set shutter speeds will try again another day and hopefully improve it somewhat :)

janice010.jpg

Awesome! :thumbup:

I've tried so hard to take water drop photos. But I just can't do it. :-( I'm too unco to hit the shutter button at the right time. hehe

Can I suggest next time you use a lightly wider depth of field (smaller f number) that'll make sure more of the photo is in focus.

Goodluck!!

Wow! It looks like liquid copper, pretty neat :D! For a first attempt, you did great!!!

I wouldn't even try those... My camera is too simple for such close shots :(.

Meysha said:
Awesome! :thumbup:

I've tried so hard to take water drop photos. But I just can't do it. :-( I'm too unco to hit the shutter button at the right time. hehe

Can I suggest next time you use a lightly wider depth of field (smaller f number) that'll make sure more of the photo is in focus.

Goodluck!!

Thanks!!!! and you certainly can suggest it :) I appreciate all the help :) will have another try soon and will use a wider DOF :hugs:

Knopka said:
Wow! It looks like liquid copper, pretty neat :D! For a first attempt, you did great!!!

I wouldn't even try those... My camera is too simple for such close shots :(.

Thanks!!! :hugs:

Can I suggest you think of water as a mirror. Shooting from that angle will reflect as if it is a mirror. So create a bright clean gradation behind the water and you will get some good results.

So create a bright clean gradation behind the water and you will get some good results.
How would you do this? Like put a peice of coloured card or something underneath?

Underneath the water should just be black. The surface of the water acts like a mirror. Whatever angle you're camera is looking at the water, that is the angle behind that you should light. How are you lighting it? There doesn't appear to be much of a light source. Also for focus, back up just a little and that will give you the depth of field you need, you can crop in after.

Most reactions

Back