First attempt - Flower/nature shots

Jinsgin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, just picked up my dad's DX and went for it. The entirety of my experience is photographing wildlife on family vacations, nothing artistic. This was my first time messing around with manual focus and stuff

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

The flowers are in vases in my house and the red-leaved tree thing is in my front yard.

Last edited:
They all seem to be out of focus. Nothing practice won't solve.

Compositionally nothing really jumps out or sets them apart, again, practice practice. The third is the most interesting in this aspect, but the top leaves being out of focus detract from the image. A different angle could solve that.

Keep shooting, keep looking at other people pictures and keep reading.

Thanks, I appreciate the C/C. Even using manual focus it seemed like I couldn't quite get it right on those shots. Would that have been an issue with the camera, or what? Maybe I had the wrong lense..

I like the second one best myself because of the way the leaves pop, but Its a bit sloppy in that there is a random leaf in the upper right corner

Thanks for the c/c, I'm gonna upload a couple more i took recently

Jinsgin
I do not believe it is the camera. The 3rd photo shows some focused areas.

As mentioned, you will get better over time. Manual focusing is not as easy as some would say.
Also, how are you looking through the viewfinder?
Some cameras have what is called a diopter, which is a little wheel located by the viewfinder. You may not be seeing focus properly, as your father may have a setting that works for him.
So check that out.
Let us know.

BTW - welcome to the forum

Jinsgin

Some cameras have what is called a diopter, which is a little wheel located by the viewfinder. You may not be seeing focus properly, as your father may have a setting that works for him.
So check that out.
Let us know.

BTW - welcome to the forum

I should have thought of that, since I recently ruined a bunch of shots after not readjusting after playing with the lensbaby.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back