First attempt @ stacked focus

Ron
I know that is not the effect you were looking for, but it looks like a painting and I like it. :mrgreen:

Sometimes making a mistake and stumbling upon the result can be quite an accomplishment.

hmm have you tried to remove frames - try breaking it into just 3 frames and do 3 of those sets to try and see if there is one set of frames with a problem (and thus narrow it down to a problematic single frame).

Also are you shooting these outside bychance? I only wonder if wind might be causing problems and moving the subject by small amounts and causing the blur. I've had odd bits of blur from afew stray hairs on moths before now - but on a single hair or two its not much trouble.

Ron
I know that is not the effect you were looking for, but it looks like a painting and I like it. :mrgreen:

Sometimes making a mistake and stumbling upon the result can be quite an accomplishment.

+1 :)

I actually think that set of white flowers looks awesome! :)

I haven't tried anything other than I have reported here. The flowers are in the living room near a window & my set-up is firm using a cable release. I have respectable shutter speeds of 1/50s & 1/40s in the set.

IMG_3979sm.jpg

I think I will give it a rest for a while as my frustration is mounting. :grumpy:

Hmm the only other thing I can think is that the software is not liking the large amount of out of focus areas which suddenly become sharp (the foreground flowers). I have a feeling this might be the case as I have had some problems with images (usually insect antenna) where something changes a lot over the stack.
Don't let it get to you though, stacking can be fantastic, but its also highly error prone - even if the main stack works you can get horrible artifacts build up - eg:
regulara on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
view it fullsized and that even hides all the ones have appear on the wing scales :(
when it works its great- but when it fails its a nightmare. I'm sure the software can do more, but I don't know enough to maniplate it to work perfectly.

Most reactions

Back