First attempt with Macro

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Battou, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

I only have one Macro lens and it's not very good (It used to have a nasty case of Athletes lens) but I am impatient and had to try.

Thoughts.

2. Amnesic

Amnesic TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its a little fuzzy so it kind of takes away from the photo.

3. Battou

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That could very well be the lens, three elements in it had mould growth on them, I took at appart and cleaned them up but it appears the mould ate away at the coating of the glass. I am not surprised it's not very good but I absolutely had to put the bellows to use after buying it.

This one was the best and clearest of the group so I figured I would get it up for some insight and see if I had the right idea.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Knowing that you took this one with a very old, supposedly second-hand (?) lens which had to undergo some serious cleaning beforehand (at first I soooo wondered what "Athlete's Lens" might be, until I understood your play of words and "Athlete's Foot" and then mould and then "Athlete's Lens" :biggrin: ) makes this extra interesting. Not that the subject as such were THAT super-interesting, but it is something that in real life is smaller than we see on our screens, so you went macro, all right, working with bellows even ... so - yay. Way to go!

5. Battou

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like to try word play every now and again, When I bought the lens I was well aware it had a fungal growth (I poorly worded it as mould) but two lenses for twenty bucks (US) I could not turn down. The lens is useable so I don't feel screwed at all so....

Once I have macro figured out and replaced the lens I'll photograph the individual elements where the damage is visible.

Yeah I can't say I had high hopes for the out come (or a great deal of thought subject wise), I grabbed the first thing I saw.....that was my rangefinder :lol: But I am sure any and all practice will be of use.

6. rob91

rob91 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lens with fungal growth, that's hilarious. I think the pic is pretty cool, it looks like it was taken back in the day and it wears the worn look well.

7. AncientSnapper

AncientSnapper TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Have you tried magic Focus on it - I would but you are not for editing!

8. Battou

Photos NOT OK to edit
    SOLD AS IS, AS stated.

Yup, it had fungus, I tried getting a picture of it when I first took it appart but my digital camera could not find the sublect in the darkness of the lens tube and I was at that point not willing to go to extremes to try removing the element as I was not sure I could get it back together as it was ;), Once I replace it I'll rip it to shreads and definately get a shot of the damaged glass coating.

Tried what???

The only post done to this is a crop done right in the scanner, I am just not a big fan of post processing, especially with any focus issues that may occur. This was as clear as it was going to get in camera so that is what I display.

I do have a missed focus image, but I don't have it with me.