first attempt with photoshop. C&C please

chris drake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I thought these came out well. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

cardinal.jpg

butterfly2.jpg

Chris

I don't like selective color 99/100 times I see it.

I *do* think you did really well though, your technique is perfect.

I like the first picture. But, it would have been a lot better if the bird was more in focus.

Thanks for the comments. I agree the first would be better if it was more in focus. I took these pics shortly after getting my dslr so i was still learning how to shoot but thought they would both be good subjects for selective coloring.

Chris

Nice work for 1st time Photoshop ...... when you get better and have more experience in the program, you can fix that poor butterfly's wing .. :lol:

r

1 is blurry and too far away.

2 the subject looks different from the background. it needs more contrast, and I don't think the antennae need colouring. They draw attention away.

ill be picky and say that the shadows on number two are distracting. Number one is great, i just wish the focus was sharper.

Nice job on the selective coloring

I think you did great for the first time using photoshop. I can't even figure it out. Did you just play around until you figured it out or is there some advice you can give me. I just got it this week. I'm so lost. You can pm me if you'd like.

I like #2, #1 is not in focus and that is just bugging me, however #2 is spot on, however I would fix the poor butterfly's wing :p

Most reactions

Back