TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4413648589_b611e67312.jpg

4112702444_7aeedcab28.jpg

4112702454_4889653793.jpg

4120086176_561cffeb86.jpg

just got a couple of cheap strobes and a couple of brollies to mess around with.
canon 35d
any advice or constructive criticism please..

1. I don't like the left eye being cut out. It's there but it's not kind of thing. Also watch the highlights. The right shoulder is almost blown out and my eye goes straight to it. Do you have a second flash camera right?
2&3. Seem to like good exposures. Almost too much on the forehead of 2 though. I also would have liked to have seen the hood raised just a tad bit more. 3 is an awesome capture. I'm sure you've received enough comments on this picture in your other thread so I'll leave it alone.
4. Does nothing for me. I don't really care for the position of the subject. Her back is facing us and she's looking at something but I don't know what. I can also see the curtain in the BG. It's much more obvious here than in the rest of the set. It looks like a genuine moment and maybe it was gone too fast and you acted as fast as you could. Either way I wish she were smiling at the camera like that.

For your first portraits I'd have to say well done!

thanks for c&c. not had much back.
1, yes main flash camra left, the child turned away as happens but lit up her awesome hair color.
2 & 3 just messing with a card tube on a single strobe,bit harsh..
4 just a candid moment at end of shoot
have same pics + on welcomes and intros to try and get some replies...

They're all pretty good. I think #3 stands out the most. I like the subject and the lighting. The cant doesn't do much for me, but it's not horrible or anything.

Keep shooting and trying different things. It's the best part of having a little studio, experimenting!

4420329709_bb0cab5115_b.jpg

4420330479_80179fc58e_b.jpg

4420329041_ab1e7f5cf7_b.jpg

recreated lighting on2#3# but played around with light power and aperture to get rid of hot spots...are these better??????

what I see is that you're beginning to capture the personalities of your subjects...that's what portraits are, getting the feeling of the people..I really like the harsh light [your words] it brings out the detail of the faces and the little girl is great...I love the light...some want things to be by the book...I say learn by the book and then create your own look...otherwise all of our images would look the same....keep going

4421409482_40373096f8_b.jpg

on last shoot when i had more than one subject in pic ture focus would slip on some parts. i undrstand itsto do with focal length but need tips for focusing in a darkend set. cheers

you should be shooting with a modeling light on so you can see the focus..good luck..nice portrait!

Most reactions

Back